Czech migrants to Weglowice during the period 1809-1830

Więcej
1 rok 3 tygodni temu - 1 rok 3 tygodni temu #44672 przez Antonius Nicia
Dear all, 
My ancestor Kasper Nitsche (Kacper Nitz) was a migrant from Jeseník (Freiwaldau) who settled in Węglowice in the year 1826. The family name was after ±1835 spelled as Nitz, and finally after ±1860 as Nicia. Which is the spelling as per today. I am trying to find out why he left Jeseník and what made Węglowice so attractive for him.

With interest I have read the articles on the TGZC website:
- Koloniści niemieccy w Węglowicach i Puszczewie (family Szleper)
- Opis technologii wypalania węgla drzewnego w początkach XIX w. we wsi Węglowice (Jadwiga Hoinkis)
- Zarys historii rodu Kandorów (Jadwiga Hoinkis)- Various articles of Dr. Andrzej Kuśnierczyk on Kolonie obcych tkaczy na ziemi częstochowskiej w pierwszej połowie XIX wieku: Hilsbach (Czarny Las), Kamienica Polska, Huta Stara A
From these articles I understand that the largest migration to the land of Częstochowa took place in the years 1809 – 1830. The trigger was the collapse in 1809 of the linen industry in Europe as a result of the continental blockade.The settlers were encouraged by the low price of land, subsidies from the Kingdom of Poland, exemption from military service. A major stimulus was also the abolition in 1824 of the customs border between Poland and Russia. This created a boom in home weaving for the Russian market. 

My Kasper sold his small farm in 1826 for 400 Guilders C.M. (= 200 Convention Thaler). The first question is: could he buy or build for this amount a farm in Węglowice, that is large enough to earn a living for his family. His small farm did not generate enough income. Therefore, home weaving was common practice in the valley of Jeseník. However, in 1822 a linen factory with industrial weaving was established over there, which was dramatic for the home weavers. On top of that, his old father deceased in that same year. So, he was more or less free to leave Austria. Kasper must have heard from the group of colonists of Kamienica Polska, Huta Stara A, as the latter came just 15 km from Jeseník. Another trigger will have been the disappearance of the customs border between Poland and Russia in 1824.

My next question is: did Kasper moved to Węglowice in a group of settlers, as was the case in Huta Stara A. In 1826 Kasper was 51, his wife 38, daughter Maria 13, son Joseph 7, daughter Theresia 5, and son Vinzenz 2. The latter is in Węglowice known as Wincenty Nicia and is my great-great-grandfather. I cannot imagine that Kasper with his family did such a big undertaken completely on his own.

Final question is: are there any cadastral maps in those early days of Węglowice?

I am curious whether new facts pop up regarding the migration to Węglowice.
Rgds, Ton Nicia
Ostatnia1 rok 3 tygodni temu edycja: Antonius Nicia od.

Please Zaloguj or Zarejestruj się to join the conversation.

Więcej
1 rok 3 tygodni temu - 1 rok 3 tygodni temu #44679 przez J K R
Witaj.
Na wstępie Ci powiem, że z tą granicą celną to niestety tak nie było. Węglowice praktycznie od 1807 roku znajdywały się pod zaborem Pruskim. Od 1807 do 1815 roku to było terytorium Księstwa Warszawskiego związane unią personalną z Królestwem Saksonii a od 1815 Królestwo Polskie, tzw. Królestwo Kongresowe, potocznie Kongresówka – państwo utworzone decyzją kongresu wiedeńskiego, połączone unią personalną z Imperium Rosyjskim w latach 1815–1832 w oparciu o Konstytucję Królestwa Polskiego, de facto to zabór carski do 1918 r.

W Węglowicach i sąsiednich miejscowościach nadal żyją osoby posiadające nazwisko Nicia. Kacper Nicia był żonaty z Elżbietą a zmarł 29.09.1838 r. jego córka Teresa Joanna wyszła za mąż za Andrzej Kocher.

Mapa geodezyjna jest w geodezji Starostwa Powiatowego Kłobuck.

Na razie tyle.

Pozdrawiam.
Hello.
At the outset, let me tell you that unfortunately this was not the case with this customs border. Practically from 1807, Węglowice was under the Prussian rule. From 1807 to 1815 it was the territory of the Duchy of Warsaw bound by a personal union with the Kingdom of Saxony, and from 1815 the Kingdom of Poland, the so-called Congress Kingdom, colloquially, Congress Poland - a state created by the decision of the Congress of Vienna, connected by personal union with the Russian Empire in the years 1815-1832 based on the Constitution of the Kingdom of Poland, de facto tsarist partition until 1918.

People with the surname Nicia still live in Węglowice and neighboring towns. Kacper Nicia was married to Elżbieta and died on September 29, 1838. His daughter Teresa Joanna married Andrzej Kocher.

The geodetic map is in the geodesy of the District Office of Kłobuck.

That's all for now.

Regards.

Pozdrawiam JKR.
Ostatnia1 rok 3 tygodni temu edycja: J K R od. Powód: .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Antonius Nicia

Więcej
1 rok 2 tygodni temu - 1 rok 2 tygodni temu #44698 przez Antonius Nicia
Replied by Antonius Nicia on topic Czech migrants to Weglowice during the period 1809-1830
Thank you for this information. It must have been turbulent times with so many changes of power in this short period of time. Kacper's wife Elżbieta (1787) is from Nová Červená Voda (Neu Rothwasser). That is located about 10 km north of Jeseník. Kacper (1775) had two brothers: Ignatz (1783) and Franz (1793). I could not find any trace of either brother in the TGZC database. My assumption is therefore that Kacper came to Węglowice with his family, without further relatives. Presumably, therefore, all persons with the name Nicia in the land of Częstochowa are descendants of Kacper and Elżbieta.
Is it known in which villages and how often the name Nicia occurs? 

Can scans of old cadastral / geodetic maps be requested from the District Office of Kłobuck? 

Best regards
Ton
Ostatnia1 rok 2 tygodni temu edycja: Antonius Nicia od.

Czas generowania strony: 0,000 s.
Zasilane przez Forum Kunena

Logowanie